Battle of the Bands Rules
Sunniside Live 2017 Battle of the Bands
Terms & Conditions
- The winners of the Battle of the Bands 2017 will win a slot to open the Saturday of this year’s Sunniside Live festival. This prize is not to be exchangeable for any monetary amount.
- Time allocated is up to 20 minutes.
- Acts must be available at least 2 hours before performance on Saturday 8th July 2017.
Travel and Expenses
- The winner of BOB 2017 competition you will be expected to cover all travel, accommodation and expenses costs. Only limited refreshments will be available.
- You will be expected to provide your own equipment. Please let us know if this will be an issue and we will try and accommodate where possible.
- Acts are not restricted to bands but can be anything from solo artists to bands of maximum 8 persons.
- All artists must play own instruments and be 16 yrs + (there is no upper age limit)
- Applications are encouraged from acts of all musical genres.
- If successful any band members who are under the age of 18 applications will be asked to provide a parent / Guardian Declaration (to be signed for each band member under the age of 18). Giving permission and consent to the minor taking part in the festival. We will also require emergency contact detail’s. More details on request.
- For band members over the age of 18 the application itself is taken as confirmation that all other band members over the age of 18 have read, understood and agreed to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the competition.
- Applications will only be accepted through the official channel and if accompanied with a suitable supporting video. NB. This does not have to be professionally produced, smart phone footage will be acceptable.
- Applications must be submitted no later than midnight on Friday 14th April 2017.
- All artists who apply will have their details, photo and video link will be uploaded on the website.
- There will then be a voting system on sunnisidelive.co.uk, and the act that gets the most votes wins the opening slot on Sunniside Live festival 2017 on Saturday 8th July 2017.
- Arts are encouraged to use social media and any other means available to encourage their fans to vote for them.
- Sunniside Live will actively promote the competition on all social platforms, media, radio and PR.
- Voting closes midnight Friday 2nd June 2017.
- The winner will be announced on Saturday 3rd June 2017
- The event organisers reserve the right to disqualify any band that is observed to be behaving in an uncompetitive or inappropriate manner. This also includes online etiquette and internet interaction with both the Sunniside LIVE social sites and its patrons and including interaction by association.
Participation in the live competition
- The live competition is free for the qualifying bands to enter,
- A full band specification will be required the winning act. This is simply a floor plan of how you have your band set up and what equipment you use.
- The winning act will perform for 20 minutes.
- The winning acts must arrive at least 2 hours before their allotted time and be ready to play on request.
- Acts over the age of 18 years will only be allocated 1 additional back stage pass for their possible “manger”.
- Acts under the age of 18 will be allocated a guardian over the age of 18 on a 1:3 ratio, with a minimum of 1 bck stage pass. Please ask for more details.
- No cash alternatives to these prizes is available.
- On arrival on site the winning act will be allocated with back stage passes. After their performance the acts back stage passes will be exchanged for complimentary VIP tickets for the festival. Aftaer this point acts will not be allowed back stage.
- Participation in the event at whatever level implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions together with consent for the organisers to use photographs, videos and any other media for promotional purposes.
All applications must be received by Friday 14th April 2017.